The Kaufman ISD Wellness Program strives to enhance the overall wellbeing of ALL KISD personnel by promoting and implementing healthy lifestyle programs, thus emphasizing excellence from within.
- To increase levels of physical activity
- To teach healthy eating strategies
- To enhance emotional health
- To provide education on healthy weight management strategies
- To reduce the risk of disease, primarily cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer
By participating in wellness activities, KISD employees can accumulate points towards an incentive awarded at the end of the school year. Points are assigned to all KISD wellness program activities based on the time commitment and degree of difficulty. Points may also be assigned to activities performed outside of the wellness program. To get credit for these activities, e-mail or send a memo to the Wellness Director indicating the type of event and the date it took place.
- Required points for incentive = 100 per school year
- Only KISD employees are eligible for incentives.
- Refer to the Tracking Sheet for a list of activities and their assigned points; the activity descriptions are listed below.