Kaufman ISD participates in an alert system called School Messenger for emergency communications using electronic media, computers, and cell phones as the communication tools. This system allows the District to communicate emergencies, like weather closings, to subscribers directly to their home computers or personal cell phones. School Messenger notification service is trusted to deliver large volumes of messages through several channels.
Click here to read the parent information letter.
Click here to read the parent information letter in Spanish.
How can I subscribe to receive text messages?
What other types of delivery methods does School Messenger offer?
School Messenger will allow Kaufman ISD officials to:
- record and deliver telephone messages in English or Spanish.
- send out e-mail messages.
- send text messages (if parents have given their permission).
Note: This notification system is not designed to receive responses from the end user. School e-mail addresses will continue to be used for correspondence between the school and the community.
How does School Messenger obtain my contact information?
School Messenger will obtain your contact information from our Student Information System, Skyward.
Can I update my own contact information?
If you need to update your contact information and have Internet Access, you can use the newly added Skylert tab in the Family Access Portal of Skyward. If you do not have internet access, but need to make changes to a phone number or e-mail address, please call your child’s school.
- Helen Edwards: 972-932-0800
- Monday Primary: 972-932-3513
- Phillips Elementary: 972-932-4500
- Lucille Nash Intermediate: 972-932-6415
- O.P. Norman Jr. High: 972-932-2410
- Kaufman High School: 972-932-2811
- Gary Campbell High School: 972-932-8789
Who do I contact to obtain a Skyward Family Access Account?
Please call or e-mail Vonda Jones, our KISD contact for Skyward Family Access.