Welcome to the Kaufman Roaring Lion Band Web Page!
Here, you can find information regarding all of the performing ensembles that are a part of the Kaufman Roaring Lion Band. The Kaufman Roaring Lions consist of the Kaufman High School Marching Band and Wind Ensembles, Kaufman Junior High Bands, Nash 6th Grade Band, Jazz Band, Percussion Sections, and Colorguard.
These different ensembles all act as the musical ambassadors of Kaufman and represent KISD all across the state of Texas and beyond in competitions of the highest musical caliber.
Check out these amazing Music Research Facts about the Power of Music and what it can do for young people.
- Check out how learning to play a musical instrument changes your child's brain!
- Acceptance into many university graduate programs is enhanced by experience in music. Engineering schools prefer it and a prestigious medical school listed it as a requirement for admission.
- "A recent study of an expansive U.S. Department of Education database of over one thousand communities spanning the past decade showed that students who were involved in the music and arts education by the tenth grade performed significantly better on standardized tests, reading proficiency, and math proficiency."
- "Music students out-perform non-music students on achievement tests in reading and math. Because of their study of music, their skills are better at reading, anticipating, memory, listening, forecasting, recall, and concentration."
- "A research team (University of California – Irvine) exploring the link between music and intelligence reports that music training is far superior to computer instruction in dramatically enhancing children's abstract reasoning skills necessary for learning math and science. After six months of lessons, those children who received the music training performed 34% higher on tests measuring spatial-temporal ability than the others. These findings indicate that music uniquely enhances higher brain functions required for mathematics, science, and engineering."