O.P. Norman Jr. High Families,
Welcome! It is with great enthusiasm that I look forward to the upcoming school year and getting to be the principal of O.P. Norman JH. I consider myself extremely lucky to get to do what I do, to get to spend my days with the kids and the adults in this building, and to get to be a small part in the life journey of the families in this community.
While this year is sure to be one unlike any other, there are still O.P. Norman guiding principles of which you can always be sure. Your junior high administrators, teachers, and staff will:
- Provide the safety, personal attitude, teaching materials, and instructional practices needed for your children to receive the very best and well-rounded educational experience possible in order to individually fulfill their highest potential.
- Work with you at home in a way that supports student learning and growth, both emotionally and academically.
- Be happy to listen when any child needs to talk.
- Assist you in finding the help you may need if we are unable to provide that help within our walls.
- Provide the structure and expectations necessary for our students to be prepared for high school and beyond.
- And, to hold your children accountable to this structure and these expectations, both behaviorally and academically, even when it isn’t easy. Even when it’s difficult.
Thank you for sharing your children with us. The best kids in the country go to Norman Jr. High. I look forward to getting to know each and every one of them and you.
O.P. Norman Jr. High Principal