District Title IX Information
In its efforts to promote nondiscrimination and as required by law, the district does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sex, disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by law in providing education services, activities, and programs, including Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs. The district provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
In accordance with Title IX, the district does not and is required not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities. The requirement not to discriminate extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX may be referred to the district’s Title IX Coordinator (see below), to the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights of the Department of Education, or both.
Other federal laws that prohibit discrimination include Title VI, Section 504, the Age Discrimination Act, the Boy Scouts Act, and Title II.
The district has designated and authorized the following employee as the Title IX Coordinator to address concerns or inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex, including sexual harassment, sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, stalking, or gender-based harassment: Kell Clopton, Assistant Superintendent, 1000 S. Houston St., Kaufman, TX 75142, 972-932-2622. Reports can be made at any time and by any person, including during non-business hours, by mail, phone, or email. During district business hours, reports may also be made in person. Upon the district receiving notice or an allegation of sex-based harassment, the Title IX Coordinator will promptly respond in accordance with the process described at FFH(LOCAL).
The following district representatives have been designated to address concerns or inquiries about other kinds of discrimination:
- For concerns regarding discrimination on the basis of disability, see the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator: Hope Campbell, Director of Student Services, 1000 S. Houston St., Kaufman, TX 75142, 972-932-2622.
- For all other concerns regarding discrimination, see the superintendent: Dr. Lori Blaylock, Superintendent, 1000 S. Houston St., Kaufman, TX 75142, 972-932-2622.
- Kaufman ISD Nondiscrimination Statement
- Kaufman ISD FFH Statement
- KISD’s Title IX administrators have attended Eichelbaum Wardell Hansen Powell & Muñoz P.C.’s “2022 Title IX Coordinator Boot Camp and 2022 Title IX Administrator Conference.” Materials from this conference in compliance with Section 106.45(b)(10)(i)(D) of the regulations can be found here: