Substitute Teacher Training
Substitute Teacher Training will be held September 12, 2023 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and January 10, 2024 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM, in the Kathy Covington Administration Building Board Room.
To become a substitute teacher for Kaufman ISD you must:
- Attend a scheduled Substitute Teacher training.
- Submit a Substitute Teacher Application online.
- Be fingerprinted through TEA/SBEC.
- Complete all required new hire paperwork.
- Submit all required documents.
Bring with you to the training:
1. Copy of Social Security Card
2. Copy of Driver’s License
3. Official transcript from your highest level of education
The online application can be accessed by going to the Kaufman ISD website, under the District tab choose Employment and complete the Substitute Teacher application. The application is a required document in your substitute file and can be completed before or after attending training.
After you have attended training and have submitted your application online you will receive an email with instructions for fingerprinting.
For additional information call Bonita Hobden at 972-932-2622 ext: 8008 or email email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Substitute Teacher.