Parents must understand potential Internet dangers and prepare their children, just as they prepare them for going to the playground or crossing the street.
Educators must remind students that people are not always who they claim to be and that Internet information is not always accurate or appropriate.
Additional Internet Safety Links:
- (CIPA) Children's Internet Protection Act
- (COPPA) Children's Online Privacy Protection Rule
- Cyberbullying Prevention
- Digital Citizenship Curriculum
- Interactive Learning Modules
- Internet Safety Activities
- Internet Safety Organizations
- KISD Internet Safety Policy/Student Acceptable Use Forms
- On-line Security Tips
- Piracy Information
- Privacy Information
- Smart Internet Communication
- Social Media Tips