Goals of the Special Education Department
- To provide a variety of education program services to meet the unique needs of students with special needs.
- To assure a continuum of educational placement is available for all students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment.
- To prepare highly qualified staff to meet and support individual student needs.
- To engage parents of student s with special needs in activities that provide parental support and promote positive interactions with campus staff and campus leadership.
- To maximize student opportunities based on their individual education goals and career choices.
Kaufman ISD recognizes and encourages parent participation. It is an essential and vital element of the total education process. Together, parents and the school form a team to determine quality services for these exceptional children. We encourage parents to participate in ARD meetings, ask questions, and work closely with their child’s teacher and school. A student support team on each campus meets to consider options when a student is struggling either behaviorally or academically. Please contact your child‘s school if you have a concern.
- Legal Framework - Child-Centered Special Education Process
- Texas Project First
- Region 10
- Special Education in Texas
- A Guide to Admission, Review & Dismissal (ARD) Process English
- A Guide to Admission, Review & Dismissal (ARD) Process Spanish