The Health Services department’s mission is to serve the diverse needs of a multicultural community by empowering children and parents with the knowledge necessary to promote wellness and maintain healthy lifestyles; therefore, preparing students for a successful academic and life experience.
The goal of the school nurse is to maximize the educational opportunities for each student by identifying, assessing, preventing, managing, minimizing, or removing barriers to education.
- School nurses monitor required immunizations, mandated health screenings, and health trends on the campus. Communication with families is important, so parents are asked to keep the Student Health and Emergency Information Card up to date with current contact numbers, physician name, allergies, and medical needs.
- Please fill out the Health Information and Emergency Care Authorization Form for your child. This is a form that is required yearly for every student in order to have health information available in case of an emergency.
- Click here to read important information regarding illness and when to keep your child at home.
- Click here to read how you can be prepared for summer sun safety and the West Nile Virus.
- Click here to learn how to fill out an online Medicaid application.
- Click here to review Kaufman ISD's Food Allergy Plan.