Kaufman ISD Stadium Rules
In an effort to promote the safety and security of Kaufman ISD students, staff, families and visitors, the district has modified its stadium bag policy by limiting the size and type of bags that spectators are allowed to bring into Kaufman ISD Stadiums, including:
Homer Norville Field & Fields Complex
Kaufman High School Gym(s)
Norman Junior High School Gym(s)
Starting August 1st, 2020, only the following types of bags are approved:
One clear plastic tote, not larger than 12” X 12” X 6”
One clear resealable plastic storage bag, not larger than 1-gallon size
One small “hand-sized” clutch purse, not larger than 5” X 7”
The following bags are prohibited:
All purses, bags or containers larger than an approved small clutch purse or small clear tote
Backpacks and duffle bags
Camera and binocular cases or bags
Mesh or drawstring bags
With a new season, comes a few quick reminders of our stadium rules. We value the safety of our students and want everyone to have a great time supporting our Lions. Please remember the following rules are in effect at Kaufman ISD athletic events:
- State laws and school district policies prohibit the use of tobacco products in any form, alcoholic beverages, and controlled substances on school district property.
- Spectators are prohibited from bringing footballs or other balls into the stadium.
- Persons in possession of prohibited items or who refuse inspection of bags and/or packages will not be permitted to enter the stadium. Persons who violate these stadium rules may be ejected without a refund.
- All signs must be positive, appropriate, promote the participants and not be unduly distracting or block the view of others.
- Patrons who leave the stadium will be required to purchase a ticket to re-enter.
- Only authorized personnel will be admitted onto the field.
- Air horns are prohibited per UIL rules.
- Animals, other than service animals, are not allowed in the stadium.
- Powder or throwing of powder is prohibited.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the stadium and return once the game has started.
- No loitering will be permitted.
- Aisles should be kept clear at all times.
- Spectators may not cross to the other side of the stadium.
- No outside food or drink may be brought into the stadium; this does not apply to the band, drill team, or cheerleaders.
- Items such as frisbees, balls, whistles, etc., are not allowed in the stadium.
- Bags, backpacks, coolers, etc., are not allowed in the stadium.
- Umbrellas cannot be used in the seating area, courtesy of fan viewing and safety.
- Food, drinks, gum, and sunflower seeds are prohibited at all times around or on the field surface areas.
- Only emergency vehicles may be parked inside the stadium.
- Children in grades PreK-5th grade are not allowed to attend varsity games without a parent present.
We look forward to a fantastic season of supporting our Lions in their endeavors and a safe and fun season as spectators.
- Why did Kaufman ISD adopt the policy?
- Do I have to put everything I’m carrying into the permissible bags?
- What about students with backpacks?
- Can fans carry cameras, binoculars, or smart phones separately from what they put in a clear bag?
- What about items needed for babies/children?
- If I have special medical equipment I need to have with me at all times, where do I put that?
- What about bringing blankets in cold weather?
- What happens if I show up at the gate with a bag that is not permitted?