Margarita Garcia, M.Ed.
District Bilingual Coordinator
Welcome to the Bilingual/English as a Second Language (ESL) Department, where our goal is to prepare students acquiring a second language to be linguistically and culturally successful as they strive to be productive citizens of the 21st century.
Mission Statement: Bilingual/ESL
The mission of the Bilingual/ESL Program in the Kaufman Independent School District is to ensure that English Language Learners acquire a high level of proficiency in English in order to participate actively and meaningfully in both social and academic settings and to attain academic achievement in all content areas.
Vision Statement: Bilingual/ESL
The Bilingual/ESL Program in the Kaufman Independent School District is committed to ensuring that the linguistic needs of every student identified as an English Language Learner (ELL) are addressed and that all students have equal access to educational excellence while promoting pride in cultural linguistic heritage.
- ELPS Linguistic Instructional Alingnment Guid
- English Learner Identification and Reclassification Flowchart
- English Learner Portal Home Page
- Bilingual Education Parent Brochure-English
- Bilingual Education Parent Brochure-Spanish
- ESL Parent Brochure-English
- ELS Parent Brochure-Spanish
- TELPAS K-1 Parent Brochures - English/Spanish
- TELPAS 2-12 Parent Brochures - English/spanish
- Tips for Families of English Learners