Students will attend school on a regular instructional schedule and will engage in face-to-face learning on campus during school hours. Elementary students will be assigned to grade level classes that will be taught by teachers at their home campus. Secondary students in grades 7-12 will follow their class schedules by transitioning to different classrooms for course instruction.
Classroom instruction will be designed for mastery of student learning outcomes based on the academic standards called the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for each content area.
The following are characteristics of In-Person Learning:
- Available for students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12
- Student participation required 5 full days per week
- Implementation of preventive safety measures
- Instruction provided by Kaufman ISD teachers
- Instruction in core content and elective areas
- Social-emotional support
- Accommodations and support services provided