Rules For Student Conduct on School Buses
Rules for student conduct on school buses are available in all student handbooks. The following list is posted in all buses:
- Remain seated in your seat, bottom to bottom and back to back, facing forward while the bus is moving.
- No screaming, yelling, or horseplay of any kind allowed on the bus.
- No pens, pencils or paper are allowed out on the bus. Homework is to be done at home.
- Do not distract the driver while he/she is driving.
- Keep the aisle completely clear at all times.
- NO food or drinks are allowed on the bus except for bottled water.
- No hoods are allowed to be worn on the bus.
- Follow all driver instructions.
These rules are subject to change at any time.
Students failing to obey the posted bus conduct rules will be subject to progressive discipline by the driver and school. The driver will remind the student of the infraction and send a written drivers warning home with the student and ask for the student to obey the rules. If the student refuses to obey the rules the driver will submit a written Incident Report to the Transportation Office where further disciplinary action will be determined.
NOTE: Failure to follow the rules compromises safety on the bus and is taken very seriously.
Video Cameras (with audio) are utilized on Kaufman ISD school buses. Federal (FERPA) regulations prohibit the viewing of these recordings by the general public or parent/guardian.
School or law enforcement personnel may use this information as safety training material and/or evidence of bus safety rule violations.